Tuesday 20 August 2013

Seascape Island Apothecary Peppermint Lip Balm Review

I must admit that I am obsessed with lipbalm and must have at least one with me at all times. I had never tried any products or heard much about the brand Seascape Island Apothecary before trying this lipbalm, but what really grabbed me was their values and that their products are free of nasties, such as parabens, SLS, silicones, petroleum and artificial colours and fragrances. They are also against animal testing which is a huge bonus!


This lipbalm contains 100% natural peppermint essential oil with Jersey beeswax, Jersey honey, and Jojoba seed oil which are all locally sourced in Jersey. The first thing that caught my attention was the adorable packaging which is perfect for sitting on your dressing table! Personally I don't think that it is very travel friendly as the glass pot is weighty and it's also not very hygienic to apply this on the go without washing your hands first. For me, I love applying this lipbalm at night before going to bed.

When your finger comes into contact with the lipbalm, it instantly melts into a luxurious oil which feels lightweight and refreshing on the lips. The peppermint leaves a sensation on the lips when applied, but fades after time. If you're a fan of lipbalms which are thin and feel as if there is nothing on your lips, then you will love this! It has an irresistibly silky feeling which leaves your lips smooth and hydrated. You can also apply this under your lipstick for a smooth finish and to help it last longer. I do think that £10 for a lipbalm is a bit expensive, however a little bit goes a long way and the pot lasts for ages! I think that it is the perfect pick me up for the lips!

Have you ever tried Seascape Island Apothecary products before? What is your favourite natural lipbalm?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...