Sunday 9 June 2013

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream Review

I've been on a hunt for the perfect BB cream for my oily skin and I have finally found it. Maybelline have recently released their new BB cream with a new formula.


The new formula contains 2% Salicylic Acid which helps fight against breakouts for clearer skin. I'm not really bothered about makeup containing spot fighting ingredients as that is what skincare is for, however it is a good bonus. The oily skin formula only contains SPF 15 whereas the original one has SPF 30, I'm not sure why it has less SPF but it could be to do with suncream usually causing clogged pores and breakouts. I quite like that it has less SPF as it means it is more photo friendly. 

It has a light buildable coverage which evens out my skin. It doesn't cover up spots and hyperpigmentation so I use my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer on areas that need more coverage. I actually really enjoy using a lighter coverage and then concealing other areas because it gives a less heavy and natural look. This BB cream gives more of a natural finish rather than dewy which I love because all other BB creams that I have tried feel so greasy on my skin and slide around like crazy. I've tried the Garnier BB cream before and it is incredibly greasy and if I swipe my finger across my face it leaves a really unattractive streak, that's how greasy it is. I set it with a powder and throughout the day my skin does still become oily but it is nothing compared to other BB creams and some foundations out there. My skin becomes slightly dewy which I can handle because it gives more of a healthy glow than greasy. 

Usually foundations tend to slide around the side of my nose and upper lip but this doesn't slide around or move at all, and I am super impressed with it. I've worn this out on really hot days where my face because really oily and it is still in the exact same place it was when I applied it. Another bonus about this product is that is doesn't sink into fine lines. My foundation always enhances my left smile line and it is so annoying having to blend it back out all the time, with this BB cream it has not done that at all.

There are only two shades available; light and medium which isn't the best range but they do blend really easily into the skin and sort of adjust to your skin tone. I bought medium as summer is approaching, which at the moment is slightly darker than my skintone and it doesn't leave any horrible lines on the side of my face. It works great applied with fingers and brushes, but my personal favourite is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush as it helps it blend seamlessly into the skin.

Have you tried any of the Maybelline BB creams? What is your favourite BB cream?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...